The Investec Super Rugby Aotearoa competition is underway and we have put together a Sky Stadium event guide for the Hurricanes v Highlanders ! We are expecting large crowds for these games, so we recommend you plan ahead and leave plenty of time to get to the venue and through the gates.
- If you are unwell, please stay at home.
- Arrive early to avoid queues. Make sure you leave plenty of time to get through the gates, otherwise we cannot guarantee you will see the kick off at 3.35pm.
- If you are planning on parking at the Stadium, purchase your park in advance and arrive early to avoid getting caught in traffic and missing kick off.
- Download the NZ Covid Tracer app before you arrive and scan the Sky Stadium QR code around the venue.
- There will be hand sanitizing and hand washing facilities throughout the Stadium.
- Cough and sneeze into your elbow.
- Be kind to yourself and others.
Key timings for the Hurricanes
- 12.00pm: Car park opens
- 1.00pm: Ticket box office opens
- 2.00pm: Gates open
- 3.35pm: Kick off
- We strongly recommend you buy your ticket in advance. Expect delays if you plan to buy your ticket when you arrive at the Stadium.
- Mobile tickets can be used at this event. Please click here for mobile ticket FAQs.
- If you have selected “ezyTicket” as your delivery method, please ensure you have printed your tickets before heading to the game and have these ready to scan at the turnstiles.
Getting to and from Sky Stadium
We recommend planning your transport route in advance and leaving plenty of time for your travel to Sky Stadium.
- Buses and trains are running for this event. Extra services after the game will be available. Click here for more information.
- The Stadium car park opens at 12pm and costs $32 online or $35 at the gate (non-refundable). Parking is limited and can be purchased online.
- Taxis, rideshare and personal drop offs are permitted at the Stadium for this event.
- Pick-ups following the game are not available at the Stadium until 45 minutes after the final whistle. Please use Bunny Street or Thorndon Quay directly after the game.
Food and drink
- All food and beverage outlets will be open from Aisle 9 to Aisle 35.
- $2 pies are available form the Pie Cart at Aisle 13 (limit 2 per person).
- Try some mulled wine from the Mezzanine or the Cocktail Bar at Aisle 26.
- Grab yourself a Hūkerikeri, the new beer by Fortune Favours at Aisle 24.
- Coffee can be found at Aisle 12, Aisle 29 and Aisle 31.
- Donuts are on the Inner Plaza and at Aisle 12, 25 and 30.
- Fritz’s Wieners are on the Inner Plaza and at Aisle 17.
- We encourage contactless payments so please bring your EFTPOS or credit card to pay for food and drink.
- Empty water bottles may be filled in the Stadium from water fountains located in the concourse. The one litre size restriction applies.
Click here for more information on getting to and from Sky Stadium.
Check out our entry terms and conditions to make sure you know what you can can and can’t bring into the venue.
For any assistance on the night, please speak with security or text Sky Stadium on 5454 with your location.