UPDATE AT 7 APRIL 2020 AT 1PM
We would like to take this opportunity to clarify what we can about the impact of COVID-19 on events at Sky Stadium. This page will continue to be updated with the latest information.
In line with advice from the New Zealand Government, the Sky Stadium offices are currently closed and staff are working remotely. For any queries, please contact email@example.com and we will get back to you at our earliest opportunity.
A number of events at Sky Stadium have been impacted by this situation:
- The Wellington Phoenix games as part of the A-League are postponed. The FFA had previously announced that the Wellington Phoenix would play all their matches behind closed doors in Australia for the remainder of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 season. However the Football Federation Australia (FFA) has since announced that it has postponed the final rounds of the Hyundai A-League 2019/20 Season. This postponement is effective immediately with a review to take place on April 22. Read the official Phoenix statement here.
- Super Rugby has been suspended for the foreseeable future. SANZAAR will continue to explore avenues to see if rugby can continue. Coupled with the Government’s decision to move to Alert Level 4 this means that the Hurricanes v Bulls game on Friday 27 March and v The Highlanders on Friday April 27 will not take place as scheduled. SANZAAR will issue further information on Super Rugby 2020 and any potential rescheduled fixtures in due course.
- The Vodafone Warriors game scheduled to be played in Wellington on 27 June as part of the NRL is currently suspended.
- Wellington's Beervana festival originally scheduled for August 7 and 8, will now be held on November 13 and 14. Read more here.
- The Wellington Armageddon Expo scheduled for 10-12 April will be postponed until 1-2 August 2020. Read more here.
- The Wellington Food Show scheduled for 22-24 May has been postponed to 30 October to 1 November.
- The Better Home and Living Show scheduled for 15-17 May has been postponed until later this year.
- Other functions (such as conferences, lunches, corporate events) will be cancelled or postponed by the event organisers.
- No charges will apply to the Stadium car park until the end of the Level 4 Alert period.
- We are not taking any future bookings for Stadium tours until further notice.
New Zealand Rugby continues to monitor the situation around COVID-19 closely including its effect on the July Tests. We will provide further updates as soon as possible.
Procedures have commenced via the relevant ticketing agencies to facilitate refunds for tickets, parking and hospitality purchased for any cancelled events. Further information will follow for those events that have been postponed.
This is an unprecedented situation and the health and welfare of our fans, players, officials, volunteers and all stakeholders is our most important priority.
We will endeavour to keep fans up to date with information on this page when we are able.