UPDATE AT 9 JUNE 2020 AT 12PM
At Level 1, the Sky Stadium offices are open and there are no restrictions on mass gatherings.
New Zealand Rugby has confirmed there will be no limit on crowd numbers at the Investec Super Rugby Aotearoa competition. The Hurricanes will play their first game at Sky Stadium on Sunday 21 June at 3.35pm against the Crusaders. Click here for the Sky Stadium event calendar.
Sky Stadium has signed up to the Events Sector Voluntary Code which outlines what the Events Sector can do to safely deliver events by following best practice expectations.
A number of other events at Sky Stadium have been impacted by this situation:
- The All Blacks v Wales Test on Saturday 11 July has been postponed until further notice. New Zealand Rugby continues to monitor the situation around COVID-19 closely including its effect on the Bledisloe Cup match against Australia on Saturday 15 August. Read more here.
- The Wellington Phoenix games as part of the A-League are postponed. Football Federation Australia (FFA) has extended the postponement of the Hyundai A-League whilst confirming its intention to resume as soon as Federal and State Government Health and Border regulations allow. A further update will be provided in May 2020. Read the official FFA statement here.
- New Zealand Rugby has confirmed the Mitre 10 Cup will now start on 11 September. An amended Mitre 10 Cup draw will be released in due course.
- As a result of the National Rugby League’s decision to suspend the 2020 Telstra Premiership events in New Zealand due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Round 15 match between the Vodafone Warriors v Cowboys at Sky Stadium on Saturday 27 June 2020 will no longer proceed as planned. We look forward to seeing the Warriors back in Wellington in 2021.
- Wellington's Beervana festival originally scheduled for August 7 and 8, will now be held on November 20 and 21.
- The Wellington Armageddon Expo is now on 1-2 August 2020.
- The Wellington Food Show is now on 30 October to 1 November.
- The Better Home and Living Show scheduled for 15-17 May has been rescheduled until next year.
- We can now hold functions, conferences or meetings of all sizes.
- The Wellington School of Cricket (WSC) facilities will open on Wednesday 20 May. Bookings can be made via Book-a-Net from Monday onwards. Cricket Wellington emphasise that player and coach Health and Safety is a priority. WSC will be running with limited lane space until they get further guidance from the Government. For more information or further updates, click here.
Procedures have commenced via the relevant ticketing agencies to facilitate refunds for tickets, parking and hospitality purchased for any cancelled events. Further information will follow for those events that have been postponed.
Please note, Stadium Members and Corporate Box Holders were sent an email from our Kendall Forbes, Membership & Corporate Box Manager on Monday 8 June. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received this update.
For any queries, please telephone 04 473 3881 during business hours or email firstname.lastname@example.org.